The EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a type of synthetic rubber. The epdm absorbs more heat in the summertime and it has a dark surface on the rooftop. The TPO (Thermoplastic polyolefin) is comprised mixture of ethylene propylene and polypropylene and is also called refined polyester. The most commonly used two materials are epdm and tpo roofing and the epdm roofing is also called as rubber roofing. But these two products have few key differences in their material. The epdm is economically cost-effective and its coverage is thicker, meanwhile the tpo also the same and similar thickness. The tpo does not perform on the cold time but the epdm can perform in maintenance wise both epdm and tpo have the same pros and cons, the epdm was placed in a single sheet without seams. Epdm roof can be easily installed and the tpo has to be done by heat and weld for the installation so it takes a little bit more time for installation. But both epdm and tpo are most energy-saving and cost-effective. The tpo roof has a white rooftop so it takes natural solar energy for the reflection so that we can save the money for energy cost.
How the EPDM Works?
The EPDM takes more cooling system on summertime and the cooling fan work overtime, in commercial needs area the air conditioner will use more time. The epdm provides high quality and protect from leaking so that we can use less maintenance and also reduce the labor costs for the maintenance. The epdm depends on sunlight and snowmelt when the snow melts the epdm becomes darker. Using this epdm roof it can repairs fast and inexpensive and also easy to maintain. Use this epdm rubber roof can we expect more than 50+ year life for the rooftop. The epdm roof cannot be installed mechanically it is glued down the roof. The epdm has thickness options like 45 mils, 60 mils, and 90 mils. Here you can get some idea about roofing by visiting this site https://www.commercialflatroofs.ca/.
Benefits of EPDM
- To use this epdm it does not change the shape while heat or cooling resistance.
- Use this epdm it can easily install and it provides more strength to the building.
- Then it’s mostly recommended for the high waterproof material.
- Epdm technology is more than 40+ years in the market.
- Epdm technology is proving the most strong and durable.
How The TPO Works?
The tpo provides more immunity against UV rays so that we can save the energy level very efficiently. And it uses natural gas, heat, and electric air conditioning. For that we can save money on energy cost, the tpo can be installed in many ways we can use the installation based on our needs. The tpo is thermoplastic so you can heat and weld the material as per your needs. But epdm cannot be welded, tpo has better dimensional structure. The tpo has seam strength, it has thickest and strongest roof topping. it can protect from rain and snow and ice more easily.
Benefits of TPO
- Use this tpo roof it can protect the roof from sunlight and reduce the heat résistance
- The tpo material is for a better option for the flat systems.
- It is the most common roof material for commercial facilities.
- Tpo is one of the fastest-growing roof types in the market.
- Then tpo is the most cost-effective material for the flats.
- The main advantage of tpo is color it has white color on the top so it can reflect the sunlight and protects the building from heat.
- The tpo can heat and weld around the chimneys as per your needs.
- Using this tpo you can build the best quality manufactures.